This article originally ran in the November 2012 Cedar Park Neighbors newsletter. Want to receive the newsletter delivered to your doorstep (or directly to your email inbox)? Join CPN today at http://www.cedarparkneighbors.org/join-cpn-donate/cpn-membership-form/
Hello there, neighbors! We’re in the middle of a really exciting time for the Cedar Park neighborhood, with new businesses and restaurants popping up every month and an intensive neighborhood planning process underway. During this time, we are happy to be welcoming almost 50 new members to Cedar Park Neighbors who we met through our table at the Baltimore Avenue Dollar Stroll, and we would like to take the opportunity of our annual full neighborhood newsletter to encourage even more of you to join!
In addition to receiving a quarterly copy of this informative newsletter, joining will give you an opportunity to contribute to the community in many different ways. CPN runs a number of programs such as a food basket drive for the holiday’s, a scholarship program for youth and a committee to improve our neighborhood schools. Additionally, being a part of the CPN is a great way to be involved in some important decisions about the future of our Cedar Park. CPN’s Zoning Committee is constantly getting zoning requests for exciting and potentially controversial projects, and we want to make sure that we are incorporating even more neighbors into these decisions. We also have an exciting opportunity through the Philadelphia 2035 city planning process to talk about the future of Cedar Park. Becoming a member will keep you better informed about the process, including how to lend you voice through community meetings and surveys.
The more residents join CPN, the more we will be able to represent the interests of the community, so please take the opportunity to join by visiting our website at http://www.cedarparkneighbors.org/ or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a membership form. Also, if you are a current member, please remember to renew your subscription before it expires in December. Thanks again to all our recent members, and looking forward to seeing you all on the neighborhood!
Membership dues, along with other fundraising activities, are critical to support the valuable work being done by CPN.
With your help, CPN will continue to:
- Deliver news through our website, Facebook, email blasts and newsletter
- Introduce you to your neighbors and local restaurants at Meet and Greet events
- Award scholarships to high school graduates and continuing college students and support our scholarship recipients.
- Host the summer jazz series
- Spread the word about local zoning issues
- Provide representation before the Zoning Board of Adjustment and Liquor Control Board
- Support and promote small businesses
- Deliver holiday food baskets to neighbors
- Solicit community input on important neighborhood planning issues
- Fund Block Improvement Grants
- Keep you informed about local schools and daycare centers
- Support schools in our area
- Represent CPN members at community meetings
- Maintain the Park for our enjoyment
- Provide support and resources to local block leaders
So you can see that your membership goes a long way!
If you know a new homeowner or renter on your block, send their name and address to email@example.com. New neighborhood residents will receive a free CPN membership for one year.
To save trees and cut down on costs, email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive an email copy instead of a hard copy of the newsletter.
Important Membership Reminder: All memberships end 12/31, including those registered during one of this year’s Baltimore Avenue Dollar Strolls. Please check your mailing label to verify your expiration year if you paid multiple years in advance.