We are sharing a slideshow of some highlights of our 2018!
Dear Friends and Neighbors of Cedar Park,
Once again, Cedar Park Neighbors, in cooperation with area churches and other nonprofit organizations, will prepare and distribute food baskets for those in need during the holiday season.
In 2017, we were able to reach over 150 local families. As a continuation of this successful event, we need your financial help and support! Please click here for our donation campaign page on MemberPlanet.
Please consider a suggested donation in the amount of $36. Support at this amount will help us feed two families and foster our commitment to “neighbors helping neighbors.” For your convenience, we have also included payment options to join or renew your annual membership with Cedar Park Neighbors as well as an “any amount” option.
We will be packing and distributing the baskets on Saturday, December 22, 2018 from 8:30am -11:00am at Renewal Presbyterian Church, located on the corner of 47th and Cedar Avenue. All volunteers are most welcome! Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions. We thank you in advance for your support!
If you are interested in donating bulk items, please contact Michelle Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Michelle Lewis and Beverly Rouse
Cedar Park Neighbors is a federally recognized 501(c)3 organization. All donations are tax-exempt to the extent permitted under law.
Cedar Park Neighbors invites you to a community zoning meeting on Tuesday, December 18th at Calvary Community Center located at 48th and Baltimore Avenue (please use the small side door on Baltimore Avenue to the left of the WPMF sign) for the following properties:
7:30 p.m. - 4901 Catharine Street The Bar(n) - applicant is requesting an outdoor seating permit for the 2019 summer season.
8:00 p.m. - 4912 Baltimore Avenue - application for tattoo parlor. Proposed use is prohibited within 1000' of another existing tattoo parlor; within 500' of a school, public park, churches, and residential district.
Please come out and be informed. If you cannot attend this meeting and wish to comment on any of these, please contact CPN at email@example.com or 267-BALT-AVE (267-225-8283).
On Saturday, November 17, 2018, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at Cedar Park at 49th and Baltimore, please join Cedar Park Neighbors for a Love Your Park Clean-Up.
Volunteers needed! No experience necessary. Tools will be provided.
RSVP/Questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cedar Park Neighbors invites you to a Community Zoning Meeting on Tuesday, October 23rd, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. at the Calvary Community Center at 48th and Baltimore. Please use the entrance on Baltimore, small side door to left of WPMF signage.
The proposed project is to create two lots from four (4) existing lots (5046, 5048, 5050 Baltimore, & 739 S. 51st) for the erection of an attached structure (maximum height not to exceed 38 feet):
For use as a daycare center in Space A on the first floor – this use is allowed by right
For use as a group practitioner on the first floor/basement – this use will require a special exception
For ten (10) residential units on the cellar through third floors on parcel E – allowed is 6 units by right
For an existing dwelling unit on parcel F
These lots are zoned CMX-2 requiring commercial on 1st floor along Baltimore Ave and 51st St as well as within the 1st 30' of building depth. Open area required is 20% (proposed 4%) and rear yard required is 9' (proposed 3'8").
Please come out to see the proposed plans for this project, and to voice your opinions on this proposal. If you cannot attend this meeting and wish to comment on any of these, please contact CPN at email@example.com or 267-BALT-AVE (267-225-8283).
Please come out and be informed!
Please join Cedar Park Neighbors for a Property Tax information session and board meeting on Monday, September 17th, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. at Calvary Center at 48th & Baltimore. Please use the entrance on 48th Street.
- Salima Cunningham, Communication and Community Outreach Coordinator at the City of Philadelphia, Office of Property Assessment
- Representative from Councilwoman Blackwell's office
- Rian Franks, HUD-certified housing counselor at Unemployment Information Center specializing in Foreclosures and Real Estate tax delinquencies
7 to 8 PM - Property Tax Information Session
8 to 9 PM - CPN Board Meeting
Free, and all are welcome to attend.
If you own your home, do you know what will happen to it after you die? If you get sick and can't speak for yourself, do your doctors know what your wishes are? Do you need a power of attorney to have someone pay your bills and make financial decisions for you?
Cedar Park Neighbors and the Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law are teaming up to hold a neighborhood workshop at Calvary Center at 48th & Baltimore on Thursday, October 4th, 2018, at 6:30 p.m. The workshop is free, but everyone is encouraged to join Cedar Park Neighbors if you are not already a member. (Membership starts at $7/year for seniors, and you can become a member at the workshop.)
At the workshop, neighbors will learn about simple wills, living wills, and powers of attorney. Everyone can then sign up for a free one-on-one follow-up meeting at Drexel University to write their actual documents.
Any questions? Please call Cedar Park Neighbors at 267-BALT-AVE (267-225-8283) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cedar Park Neighbors invites you to a Community Zoning Meeting on Tuesday, September 18th, at 7:00 p.m. at the Calvary Community Center at 48th and Baltimore (entrance is on Baltimore Avenue, small side door).
We will be reviewing three (3) separate projects:
- 7:00 PM 5038 Cedar Avenue The application is for the erection of a semi-detached structure for use as a single family residence on a currently vacant lot in a block of primarily 3-story twins. The owner is requesting a variance on the side yard dimension and on the parking requirement. Required by code is an 8’-0” side yard; proposed is 3’-0”. Required by code is one accessory parking space; proposed is none. Existing zoning is RSA-3, Residential Single-family Attached.
- 7:30 PM 806 South 47th Street The first floor tenant space requests approval for a special exception. Proposed in this space (formerly used by a local plumber) is a self-service pet washing space. The existing zoning is CMX-2, Neighborhood Commercial Mixed Use, which allows for commercial use on the first floor; however, this is considered “animal service” and so a special exception is required. The residential use above will remain untouched.
- 8:00 PM 919 South 51st Street The application is for the provision of two parking spaces at the rear of an existing two-family residence. Accessory on-site parking is prohibited in this zone unless it can be accessed from a shared driveway, alley, or rear street. Existing zoning is RM-1 Residential Multi-Family.
Please come out to see the proposed plans for all of these projects, and to voice your opinions on these proposals. If you cannot attend this meeting and wish to comment on any of these, please contact CPN at email@example.com or 267-BALT-AVE (267-225-8283).