ENVIRONMENT + CLIMATE CHANGE
- PA Department of Environmental Protection - Read about the Citizens Advisory Council here
- NRDC National Resource Defense Council - "We combine the power of more than two million members and online activists with the expertise of some 500 scientists, lawyers, and policy advocates across the globe to ensure the rights of all people to the air, the water, and the wild."
- NextGen Climate - NextGen Climate acts politically to prevent climate disaster and promote prosperity for every American.
- Keystone Progress - Climate, fracking, sundry progress issues focused in PA.
- Nationalities Service Center - Comprehensive support services, including ESL, heath and wellness, legal representation
- Pennsylvania Immigration & Citizenship Coalition - Through coalitions and taskforces, PICC leads and supports campaigns to advance immigrant rights at the local, state and federal levels, and to ensure effective implementation of pro-immigrant public policies. PICC builds immigrant electoral power through voter registration, turnout and citizenship promotion and provides information, training and leadership development to immigrant communities and immigrant-serving organizations.
- JUNTOS - Community-led Latinx org in South Philly
- POWER - Economic justice, immigrants, GOTV, etc.
- New Sanctuary Movement - Ending injustice against immigrants
- HIAS Pennsylvania - Driven by the Jewish value of “welcoming the stranger,” HIAS Pennsylvania provides legal, resettlement, citizenship, and supportive services to immigrants, refugees, and asylum seekers
- Congreso - A one-stop-shop organization working in eastern North Philadelphia with services for adults, laborers and students, including housing, teen parenting support, HIV/AIDS counseling and testing and tax services.
- IRAP International Refugee Assistance Project - The International Refugee Assistance Project (IRAP) organizes law students and lawyers to develop and enforce a set of legal and human rights for refugees and displaced persons. Mobilizing direct legal aid and systemic policy advocacy, IRAP serves the world's most persecuted individuals and empowers the next generation of human rights leaders.
URBANISM, ARCHITECTURE + DESIGN
- 5th Square - Philly's urbanist PAC to better transportation, land use and public space for the people.
- AIA Advocacy - Advocate at the Federal level for building design and construction professions.
- AIA PA Advocacy - Advocate at the state level for building design and construction professions.
- Preservation Alliance for Greater Philadelphia - The mission of the Preservation Alliance is to actively promote the appreciation, protection, and appropriate use and development of the Philadelphia region’s historic buildings, communities and landscapes.
- NAACP National Association for the Advancement of Colored People - The mission of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) is to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate race-based discrimination.
- Black Women's Health Alliance - The mission of the Black Women's Health Alliance is to improve healthcare outcomes and eliminate and/or reduce health disparities experienced by women of African Ancestry, other women of color, and their families through advocacy, education, research and support activities, programs and services.
- Philadelphia Showing Up For Racial Justice - SURJ is a national network of groups and individuals organizing White people for racial justice. Through community organizing, mobilizing, and education, SURJ moves White people to act as part of a multi-racial majority for justice with passion and accountability.
- African-American Policy Forum - The African American Policy Forum (AAPF) is an innovative think tank that connects academics, activists and policy-makers to promote efforts to dismantle structural inequality. We utilize new ideas and innovative perspectives to transform public discourse and policy.
- Uniquely You Summit - Conference for young black girls
- Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia - to mobilize financial and volunteer resources to address the community's most critical priorities in Greater Philadelphia, in Israel and around the world.
- Anti-Defamation League - founded in 1913 "to stop the defamation of the Jewish people and to secure justice and fair treatment to all." Now the nation's premier civil rights/human relations agency, ADL fights anti-Semitism and all forms of bigotry, defends democratic ideals and protects civil rights for all.
- MomsRising - National group, but on the ground in PA: workplace equality & lots of issues
- Restaurant Opportunities Centers United - PA - The mission of the Restaurant Opportunities Centers (ROC) United is to improve wages and working conditions for the nation’s restaurant workforce.
- Fight for 15 PA - Fast Food workers in PA are standing up and fighting for $15/hr and union rights
- ACLU Pennsylvania - a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to defending and protecting our individual rights and personal freedoms.
- Souther Poverty Law Center - an American nonprofit legal advocacy organization specializing in civil rights and public interest litigation.
INCOME INEQUALITY + HOMELESSNESS
- Urban League of Philadelphia - Offers assistance and counseling for home-buyers, students, employers and prospective employees and entrepreneurs. The Urban League also worked on Election Day initiatives to boost voter turnout from black communities in 2012.
- Community Legal Services of Philadelphia - Free civil legal assistance to low-income Philadelphians
- Philadelphia Lawyers for Social Equity - Philadelphia Lawyers for Social Equity (work toward just outcomes for low-income individuals who have had contact with the Pennsylvania criminal justice system)
- Planned Parenthood of SE PA
- Philadelphia Women's Center
- Maternity Care Coalition - Its mission is to provide child and maternal health, but also works on big policy issues, including advocating for incarcerated mothers, equal pay for women, breastfeeding support programs and maternity leave rights.
- Women's Law Project - Police reform, Title IX, policy, etc.
- Women's Medical Fund - Abortion fund
- Women Organized Against Rape - Rape crisis
- Women Against Abuse - Offering transitional housing, an emergency safe-haven, support services, behavioral health therapy, counseling, legal services and advocacy, WAA has been operating in Philly for 40 years and serves nearly 15,000 people annually.
- Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape - Policy advocacy, rape crisis network
- Women's Way - Advocating for young girls and women, Women's Way's services include sexual assault survivor counseling, maternal healthcare, girls' empowerment programs, financial literacy, supportive housing and shelters for survivors of domestic violence.
- Naral - Reproductive Rights
- Equality PA - Advocates for policy change at the municipal, state and federal levels, organizes grassroots actions to encourage supporters to engage in the political process and endorses political candidates who champion equality. Equality Pennsylvania's work focuses on ending LGBT discrimination, advocating for marriage rights and transgender rights, preventing violence and building safe schools.
- Bread & Roses Community Fund - Bread & Roses isn't limited to the LGBT community; the nonprofit group works toward equality in criminal justice, organizes support groups for women of color and offers college scholarships for gay men.
- William Way Community Center - encourages, supports, and advocates for the well-being and acceptance of sexual and gender minorities in the Greater Philadelphia region through service, recreational, educational, and cultural programming.
- AIDS Law Project of Pennsylvania - A nonprofit, public interest law firm, the AIDS Law Project offers free legal assistance to people living with HIV and AIDS and those affected by it. Its services are bilingual, and advocates will also travel to clients' homes and hospitals for those too ill to travel to an office. Areas of expertise include HIV/AIDS discrimination, housing, financial/consumer debt and immigration.
- Leeway Foundation - Leeway provides grants and support to uplift women and transgender artists working to promote social change through art. Its programs promote artistic expression and healthy communities and advocates for economic and social justice.
- Valley Youth House
VOTER REGISTRATION + DISENFRANCHISEMENT
- Keystone Votes - Keystone Votes is a nonpartisan coalition of advocacy and community organizations joined together to launch a coordinated campaign to update Pennsylvania’s election system.
- PA League of Women Voters - The League of Women Voters of Pennsylvania (LWVPA) is a citizen organization that never supports or opposes a candidate or political party yet helps voters to learn about government issues and candidates. LWV studies and discusses issues to help members understand government problems so we can make informed decisions when voting and let our elected officials know where we stand on the issues.