By Laurie Friedman As you are aware, CPN has taken on the initiative of updating our membership database during the past six months. We appreciate everyone’s patience with this transition and your ongoing support. While we have told you about all the work CPN does, you may be wondering where your membership dues actually go. CPN is a non-profit organization, and, to maintain that status, there are certain infrastructures that need to be in place through which our work is funneled. Money that is not specified to go towards one of our committees goes into the general fund and is used to pay for the following items: rent at Calvary, insurance, phone bills, copying, bank fees and more.
We thank everyone who has renewed their membership and contributed to CPN the past couple of months. We just have a few reminders for you.
Membership dues are now on a calendar year for everyone (January 1st - December 31st). Memberships paid before June 1st of a year will expire December 31st of that year. Memberships paid after June 1st will expire December 31 of the following year.
If your membership is not up to date by March 1st of 2012, we will regrettably remove your name from the membership list. Letters were sent to those who are not currently up-to-date. We hope to hear from you soon.
If you want to save trees and cut costs, by receiving an email copy instead of a hard copy of the newsletter, please email us at email@example.com.
If you know a new homeowner or renter on your block, please send us their names and addresses, as they are entitled to a free CPN membership for one year. This information can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
One last note: CPN board elections are scheduled for this spring. In order to vote, your membership must be up to date. Please email or call us if you are unsure of your status.
As always, please remember that by joining CPN, you are becoming an active participant in helping to shape your community. It’s a great way to keep abreast of what’s going on in our neighborhood and meet new friends. Membership dues, along with other fundraising activities, are critical to support the valuable work being done by CPN.
If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com.
Where the Money Goes
- Awarding and supporting our scholarship recipients
- Delivering holiday food baskets to neighbors
- Convening community meetings for zoning ordinances & letting legislators know what the community supports
- Maintaining the park for our enjoyment
- Delivering news through our website, Facebook, email blasts and newsletter
- Delivering information to residents about local day-care centers and schools
- Supporting schools in our area
- Convening Meet and Greet events for neighbors
- Organizing the annual Cedar Park Fair
- Summer Jazz Series
- Supporting small businesses through projects such as the Baltimore Avenue Conversation
- Representing you at community meetings