Cedar Park Neighbors Opens Nominations for Board of Directors.
We are accepting nominations for Cedar Park Neighbor's board members to serve a 2-year term beginning June 1, 2018. This is a great opportunity to serve your community.
If you are interested, please email current president, David Hincher, by Friday, March 16, 2018 at email@example.com.
Are you a long-time resident or recently moved to the neighborhood? Are you a renter, homeowner, or business owner? If you live or work in Cedar Park and are dedicated to improving your community, consider running for your neighborhood board! See the CPN map to check if you live or own a business in our boundaries: http://www.cedarparkneighbors.org/cedar-park-map/
We will host an information sessions to tell you more about the responsibilities and opportunities on Tuesday, March 13th at Calvary United Methodist Church, 801 S 48th Street. Please use the 48th Street entrance and meet us in the Samaritan Room on the 2nd floor. Please RSVP here.
And please join us for the election at our annual meeting on Monday, April 16th at 7pm at the Calvary Center at 48th & Baltimore. (More details to follow.)
Responsibilities of Cedar Park Neighbors Board Members
Cedar Park Neighbors is the recognized community organization (RCO) for the Cedar Park area. As representatives of the community and the organization, CPN Board Members behave in a responsible, accountable organization, promoting the general welfare of the community. The basic responsibilities of a CPN Board Member are:
- Participation in monthly two-hour CPN Board Meetings (usually held the 3rd Mondays of each month from 7:30-9:30pm at the Calvary Center at 48th & Baltimore.)
- Join a Committee (Scholarship, Zoning, Holiday Food Basket, Jazz, Development Impact, Communications, Membership, or start one that you feel is needed!)
- Encourage neighbors and friends to join CPN and participate in our activities
- Maintain your annual membership during your term
- see a full list of responsibilities here
Please note that in order to stand for election as a CPN board member or to vote in the elections, you need to be a current CPN member. You can join (or renew membership) CPN by going to http://www.cedarparkneighbors.org/join/